76 Orange St, Gardens, Cape Town.
Painted pink in 1918 to commemorate peace and the end of World War I, Mount Nelson, A Belmond Hotel, Cape Town is one of Cape Town’s most talked-about landmarks. An icon in its own right, the hotel has welcomed many famous guests over the years, including Queen Elizabeth II, John Lennon, Nelson Mandela and even the Dalai Lama.
Glamour and elegance of a bygone era make this blush-hued beauty a fetching retreat. The hotel’s city-center setting belies the tranquility that awaits inside, with its plush interiors, warm hospitality and magical garden.
The grand entrance hall is inviting and abuzz with activity, and the mouth-watering aromas of freshly baked treats lure you further in. In the distance, you can catch a glimpse of the pristine kept nine-acre garden, the fragrance of sweet roses wafting through the terrace doors.
With a stay at Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel in Cape Town (Cape Town City Centre), you’ll be a 5-minute drive from Company’s Garden and 11 minutes from Camps Bay Beach. This 5-star hotel is 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from Table Mountain and 3 mi (4.8 km) from V&A Waterfront.
- Located beneath the watchful gaze of Table Mountain, Mount Nelson provides easy access to many of the Mother City’s top attractions. A regular shuttle service to the V&A Waterfront makes exploring the metropolis even easier.
- With 198 rooms and suites to choose from, the Cape Town hotel lets you opt for secluded calm, or a vibrant ambiance at the property’s bars and restaurants.
- The hotel offers plenty of ways for you take advantage of Cape Town’s mild weather. Swim in the two pools (one of which is adults-only) or play a few rounds on the two tennis courts.
- Librisa Spa features eight spacious treatment rooms (including two for couples), a steam bath and a Finnish sauna. After enjoying an Indoceane Mindful Ritual, unwind in the conservatory while sipping on a refreshing herbal tea.
- Dining at Mount Nelson is a culinary treat, from the relaxed Oasis Bistro to the elegant Lord Nelson Restaurant. And don’t forget the property’s famous afternoon tea, which is a decadent affair.
- There is an accommodation to suit every traveler at Mount Nelson, ranging from 270-square-foot rooms to548-square-foot Garden Cottages.
- All accommodations are bright and airy with contemporary furnishings, neutral color palettes with earth-toned accents and crystal-draped chandeliers.
- Decorated in soft tones with luxurious silk fabrics by leading local interior designer Graham Viney, the Presidential Suite is a sanctuary. Among the highlights are a grand entrance hall, a large lounge, a wet bar, 1930s-era Baccarat crystal light fixtures and an original desk from the hotel’s opening in 1899.
- For more of a home-away-from-home experience, the charming restored Garden Cottage Suites feature generous living areas with elegant décor by Viney — think toilet wallpaper, Venetian mirrors and marble bathrooms.
- The new two-bedroom Honeysuckle Cottage is a good pick for families or couples traveling together.
- The Lord Nelson Restaurant serve up a selection of delicious classic dishes. Savor West Coast oysters with mignonette dressing and beef Wellington for two, carved tableside.
- Lunches at Oasis Bistro overlooking the pool are leisurely, made even more relaxing on Sundays with the inclusion of live jazz music. The menu consists of light meals such as salads or small plates, though if you need something more substantial, order a beef espetada (Portuguese kebab) or create your own pizza.
- The elegant afternoon tea at Mount Nelson Hotel celebrates the age-old tradition in style. An array of enticing treats await, ranging from rare roast beef- or smoked salmon-filled finger sandwiches to decadent lemon meringue pie or freshly baked scones served with preserves and cream.
- The stylish Planet Bar is the place to see and be seen in Cape Town. Sip on cocktails like The Pink Lady (Cape Town Pink Lady Gin, white chocolate and rose syrup) or try a glass of South African Méthode Cap Classique accompanied by fresh local oysters.
Take time to pamper yourself with a visit to the full-service spa. Before a night out at the casino, the 2 outdoor swimming pools are a perfect way to relax and recharge. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Dining Enjoy a meal at Lord Nelson Restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Unwind at the end of the day with a drink at the bar/lounge or the poolside bar. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM.Business.
Other Amenities Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free valet parking is available onsite.
- Check-In 15:00 Check-Out 11:00
- Hotel 198 rooms
- Built in 1899 year
- Renovated in: 2004 year
- Staff speaks: French, English language
- Safe box
- Mini bar
- Daily Housekeeping
- Air conditioning
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Low mobility guests welcome
- 24 hour Front Desk Service
- Laundry service
- Concierge service
- Business centre
- Medical Service
- Swimming Pool